Posted on 05/02/2014 by mwoda
Crofton Village Garden Club May Basket Celebration - 2014
Did you have a chance to drive around Crofton yesterday and see all the beautiful May Baskets? Twenty-seven residents, youths, businesses, and club members participated in Crofton’s 50th Anniversary celebration by displaying May Baskets. Club members were not eligible for awards.
Photos of the winners in each category are posted below. You can click on the photo to enlarge it.
WINNERS – YOUTH CATEGORY
WINNERS – RESIDENTIAL CATEGORY
WINNERS – BUSINESS CATEGORY
Watch for additional photos to be posted throughout May under the PHOTOS tab of this website, as time permits. You’ll be impressed by the creativity and talent in our community!
Many thanks to everyone who participated.
Updated list of participants, May Baskets 2014
Filed under: Community News | Tagged: Crofton Village Garden Club, Crofton's 50th Anniversary Celebration, May Basket Contest | 1 Comment »
Posted on 12/26/2013 by mwoda
Christmas Around the World – Hammond Harwood House, Annapolis, Maryland
Visit Hammond Harwood House in Annapolis, this week, for their annual holiday season open house. Local garden clubs have decorated various rooms of the historic house, built in 1774, to represent different Christmas traditions around the world. “Mexico” is the theme for our club.
Tours are available through December 31, between noon and 3 p.m., except Monday. Regular tour prices apply – i.e., $7/adults, $6/seniors, and $4/kids. According to the website, tours include an overview of the history and architect of the house, the families who lived there, and collections contained within the museum. Visitors may also visit the exhibition gallery and holiday greens sale, until all greens are sold
This annual holiday event is a fundraiser for Hammond Harwood House and a wonderful opportunity for local garden clubs to collaborate and show off their talents. It’s a highlight of the holiday season for many families, and you don’t want to miss it.
Crofton Village Garden Club at Hammond Harwood House – 2013
While you’re in Annapolis, check out the beautiful decorations at State Circle. The holiday wreaths are another project of local garden clubs, including Crofton Village Garden Club.
Photos Copyright: Joan Miller
Return to the Home page
Filed under: Community News | Tagged: Crofton Village Garden Club, Hammond Harwood House | Leave a comment »
Posted on 03/21/2012 by mwoda
It’s not too early for Crofton Village Garden Club members to plan your tour of the White House during the 2012 holiday season. In fact, the time IS NOW.
Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland (FGCMD) will sponsor a Holiday Tour of the White House and the Botanical Gardens. The date and time will be assigned by the White House and announced sometime in November.
If you would like to attend, please click on REGISTRATION FORM and provide the information required for security clearance. Send it with your check for $50 made payable to FGCMD to Sylvia Deck, PO Box 934, Severn, MD 21144-0934.
A package of tour information will be sent to registrants via email at least one week prior to the bus trip, including a map, directions and instructions on where to park, as well as instructions on what you are allowed to bring to the White House. Unfortunately, there can be no refunds and no substitutions after your information is submitted to the White House for clearance.
Point of Departure: Marley Station Mall – 7900 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD. Bus departure will be determined by the time assigned for the White House tour.
Filed under: Club News | Tagged: Crofton community organizations, Crofton Village Garden Club, FGCMD | Leave a comment »
Posted on 03/14/2012 by mwoda
New President, Sally Moore, with Founding Member Bernie Robertson.
Sally Moore will be the new President of Crofton Village Garden Club for 2012-2013.
Sally chaired the fabulous flower show held last Spring, At The Library, and she has served in a number of other offices and roles for the club.
Outgoing President Harriet Kiilehua will be the Parliamentarian, in accordance with the club bylaws. Other officers include 1st Vice-President Marcia Richard, 2nd Vice-President Pat Stevenson, Recording Secretary Glenna Kidd, Corresponding Secretary Jean McLaughlin, and Treasurer Ute Alford.
A few other photos taken at this meeting can be found on the PHOTOS page of this website.
Filed under: Club News | Tagged: At The Library, Crofton MD, Crofton Village Garden Club | 1 Comment »
Posted on 02/29/2012 by mwoda
March will be a busy month for Crofton Village Garden Club, with three luncheon meetings and several other activities.
- March 5 - Islands of Aloha Philadelphia Flower Show, District III bus trip
- March 6 - Philadelphia Flower Show, Chartwell Garden Club Bus Trip
- March 6 - Edible Gardening – Fruits, 10 a.m., Homestead Gardens (Golden Spades Meeting)
- March 7 - CVGC Meeting and Installation of Officers, 11:00 a.m., Crofton Country Club, Crofton, MD
- March 9 - District II Annual Meeting and luncheon, Comfort Inn, Bowie, MD, hosted by LaPlata Garden Club
- March 9-11 - Who Dunnit, Districts III & IV Flower Show at the Home and Garden Show, Timonium Fairgrounds
- March 13 – The End of the Rainbow, Flower Design Class with David Shover, 6:00 p.m., A Blooming Basket. Pre-registration and fee required
- March 16 – Ikebana International, Chapter 118, 11:00 a.m., Cylburn Arboretum, Baltimore, MD
- March 20 – Londontown Symphony Annual Spring Gala, 6-8 p.m., Homestead Gardens, Davidsonville, MD ($35)
- March 27 – Showtime, Federated Garden Club of Maryland (FGCMD) Annual Meeting, Turf Valley CC, Baltimore, MD
- March 27 – Dinner and a Show, a Small Standard Flower Show, 11:30-2:30, Turf Valley C, Baltimore, MD
- March 28 – CVGC Board Meeting, 1:30 p.m., hosted by Pat Stevenson
- March 30 – Preview Party – Art in Bloom, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts
- March 31 – Art in Bloom, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts
- March 31 – Native Plants: Design and Maintenance, with author Tracy DeSabato-Aust, 9 a.m., Four Rivers GC & Unity Gardens.
- March 31 – Springtime Floral Design Workshop and the History of Tulips, 10 a.m., Cylburn Classroom
- March 31-April 15 - Spring Display at the Rawlings Conservatory
Register for Flower Show School Course III (April 24-26) – Click here.
Register for Christmas bus tour to the White House and Botanical Gardens – Click here.
If you’d like to become a member of Crofton Village Garden Club, click on the contact tab at the top of this website to request more information.
Filed under: Club News | Tagged: Crofton Village Garden Club, New Members Crofton Garden Club | Leave a comment »
Posted on 12/01/2011 by mwoda
Crofton Village Garden Club members look forward to sharing some of the beautiful homes and holiday decorations in our community with our neighbors. The Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland doesn’t any events scheduled on their calendar yet, but check out the calendar at Homestead Gardens, Behnkes Nurseries, Hammond Harwood House, and other sites of local interest.
7 Crofton Village Garden Club Meeting and Holiday Luncheon
11 ” A Crofton Village Christmas” House Tour
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody!
Filed under: Events | Tagged: Crofton Activities December, Crofton Village Garden Club | Leave a comment »
Posted on 11/10/2011 by mwoda
Crofton Library was a busy place on Saturday, November 5, with several worker bees from the Crofton Village Garden Club weeding beds near the main entrance and spreading mulch purchased by the club for the library.
Veterans and new members worked side by side on this, one of our new community service projects. (Click on photo to enlarge it.)
Filed under: Community News | Tagged: Crofton, Crofton Library, Crofton Village Garden Club, Maryland | Leave a comment »